At Lowrys Animal Hospital we want to ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable during any surgical procedure performed. From a minor mass removal to a major orthopedic procedure we will make sure that your pet is well taken care of.
We are able to offer routine surgery services such as spays and neuters at a very reasonable cost while maintaining an excellent quality of care for your pet. A technician stays with the pet during the entire procedure until they are fully awake and we will try our best to let you know as soon as your pet is awake. All of our patients will receive IV fluids during their procedures as well as pain medication during and after their procedure.
Surgery services that are offered include orthopedic surgeries, mass removals as well as more invasive procedures to help diagnose and treat more advanced ailments.
Does your pet need surgery? Here are some good questions to ask before your pet undergoes a procedure:
- How is my pet monitored before, during and after the procedure?
- What will my pet receive to help with his or her pain before, during and after the procedure?
- Will my pet have an IV catheter placed before and during the procedure? Is there an extra charge for that?
- Will my pet receive IV fluids during his or her procedure? Is there an extra charge for that?
- What is done to make sure my pet’s body temperature does not drop too low before during and after? Is his or her body temperature monitored during the procedure?
- What kind of blood work options do you offer for my pet to check for organ functions and blood levels before anesthesia and surgery? What is the cost?
- How do you determine the health and parasite status of my pet prior to anesthesia? Physical exam? Intestinal parasite check via fecal float?